The Hawk 20 is a one-design, self-righting 20′, sea-going sailing day boat. It is a self-draining, shallow-draft, centre-boarder, built in GRP to uncompromising standards of quality, safety, materials, fittings and sails. It has exhilarating performance and is suitable for racing or cruising but it is so stable you could take your grandmother for a sail without alarming her.
The Hawk 20 is:
- A trailer-sailer sea-going day-boat.
- Tested and complying with EU recreational craft directive category C.
- Self-righting from 90° (even with keel up).
- Self-draining (sailing or moored).
- Unsinkable, easy to handle with crew or single handed.
- Needs only shallow or drying moorings.
- Low maintenance, high quality, sturdy GRP construction.
The Hawk 20 boat is ideal for the day boat racing and cruising enthusiast and for the family sailor who wants comfort and security for the family without losing the exhilaration of fast windward sailing. Christchurch Sailing Club accommodates a fleet of 21 Hawk 20s that enjoy closely contested weekend and evening race series.
To access the current Hawk Sailing Programme go to the downloads page