Return to Sailing - C19
Published 17:56 on 15 May 2020
Update Friday 15 May
During this week there has been much information to read together with considerable speculation over the re-commencement of recreational sailing.
The Officers met on Wednesday evening and developed an initial plan for our "Return to Sailing", which has now been approved by a majority vote of the General Committee and the 4 documents providing you with much information and a proposed timetable are attached to this document by the links below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PROPOSALS MAY BE VARIED AT ANY TIME, ACCORDING TO LEGISLATION OR BEST PRACTICE.
IN ORDER TO PREVENT FURTHER
SPREAD OF COVID 19 YOU MUST SOCIALLY DISTANCE AT ALL TIMES AND BE AWARE OF YOUR
SURROUNDINGS IN ACCORDANCE WITH INFORMATION IN THE LINKS ABOVE
The initial plan includes;
Members with sailing dinghies already at CSC may return to their boats for Social Sailing from tomorrow, Saturday 16th May.
Members with dinghy summer storage will be able to bring their boats to CSC from 11th June, when it is proposed that Summer Storage starts, but not before.
We currently propose the date of 5th June for Craning In, but the workable procedures still require further discussion next week.
Members with Cruisers on the Hard will be able to resume maintenance in readiness for Craning in, in accordance with the following times;
Members who are employed during weekdays can access their boats on Saturday and Sunday each week and weekday evenings from 5pm. (If anyone has unusual/shift work patterns, please contact us for a variance.)
Retired members who have Cruisers on the hard can work on their boats Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, but not at weekends.
These Cruiser restrictions are to reduce the number of members on site at any one time and to assist with Social Distancing.
It is most important that you read all of the attached documents carefully. They are most comprehensive and we will have need to update you further as time goes on.
Much consideration has been given to the procedures and we understand that there cannot be a "one size fits all". We have made our decisions with regard to the protection of members, whilst allowing a return to our sport.
If you have been keeping abreast of the Yachting Press releases you will know of the rapidly changing advice. To that end, we will be holding a General Committee meeting next Wednesday to review the latest situation at that time and our initial plan, which may be revised, both by dates and activity. We will advise you further towards the end of next week
We fully understand that some members, for reasons of medical conditions or self-isolating, will be unable to commence re-use of their boats straight away and any Cruiser owners with winter storage who will encounter difficulty should please contact Bridget Allen.
Later today, there will be a video posted to our website and Facebook page with a message from Keith Mitchell, Hon Sailing Secretary.
As always, I am happy to discuss any points or concerns with members and can be contacted through the website
Last updated 21:16 on 15 May 2020