Tier 4 Lockdown
Published 18:18 on 30 Dec 2020
All Racing Cancelled
Following the Government's announcement that BCP will move to Tier 4 (Covid-19 Restrictions) it is with huge regret that all planned racing is cancelled with immediate effect. Sadly, this means that the Harry Shivers Race planned for tomorrow is also cancelled.
Personal sailing may continue, and the dinghy park will remain open for this purpose. Under Tier 4 you are permitted to exercise with one other person from a different household. If you do choose to sail during these restrictions, please do ensure you exercise great caution in assessing conditions and ensure that someone at home is aware of your activities and when you plan to return.
The Clubhouse will be closed with no access to showers or toilet facilities. The hot shower outside is functional and the outside WC will remain open.
I am sure we will all be glad to see the back of 2020. Let's hope the happier news of the second approved vaccine will usher in a much better 2021!
Hon Sailing Sec
And on it goes!
I hope that you were all able to enjoy your Christmas Day, albeit a different one for many from the usual family celebrations, and we now find ourselves in Tier 4. Since then and before today's announcement, we have had 5 days to get out and about where Veronica and I have met a number of members during our varied daily walks. As you will have read above, we have had to cancel all racing and the Club Building will be closed as from tonight, leaving the external toilet and shower as the only available facility.
The Office will reopen next Monday (4th January) and will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week from 10am to 1pm for contact by phone and email. No Personal callers please! We will keep in touch with members via the Newsletters and reintroduce opening up again as soon as we are able.
In the meantime, I send you my best wishes for "A Happy New Year". Let's kick 2020 well into touch!
Jim Atkins Commodore
Club Closure - UpdateFollowing Boris' announcement on Monday evening 04/01/2021, I confirm that the Club and Premises will remain closed until further Government directives are received. Sporting and Leisure venues must remain closed and we therefore regret that sailing or paddle boarding from the club premises or slipway is not allowed. Members may visit to check on their craft in the event of adverse weather being forecast and Cruiser owning members with club storage may visit weekly to check on their boat. We also regret that members are not allowed to carry out work on their own boats during this period, but bona fide contractors can be given admittance to carry out work on your behalf. In order to preserve the security of the site, the Gate should remain closed at all times. Please close it if you see it open and when you leave the site. This is essential as it was found left open with nobody on site on a number of occasions over the Christmas/New Year period. The Club building will remain locked even when the Office Staff are working. Contact should be via email or telephone. With the advent of the vaccine and a forecast 7-week lockdown, let us hope that we can return to some form of normality by the end of February. I hope that you all keep safe and COVID-19 free.
Jim Atkins Commodore
Covid-19 immunisation Vaccinations
We have been asked to warn members that there are some scam sites contacting people by SMS encouraging them to apply for their Covid-19 Vaccination. The scam will give you a link. As a warning please be advised that you will hear from your doctor's surgery direct by SMS Text or letter when it is your turn. Do not Click on any link that you do not recognise.
Last updated 09:17 on 31 May 2021